Wirral Cancer Strategy 2017 – 2020: A FUTURE WHERE PATIENTS SURVIVE CANCER & PREVENTION IS A PRIORITY
Cancer presents a significant health challenge. It is the biggest cause of death from illness or disease in every age group, therefore it is our vision and priority to ensure we work together to:
- Ensure patients are diagnosed early
- Make sure their cancer journey is a supportive experience both living with the disease and beyond cancer
- Ensure patients receive the help and support they need to enjoy a good quality of life
- Ensure Wirral residents are empowered to live long and healthy lives
The strategy for 2017 -2010 supports partners to come together and deliver our above vision. The strategy builds on the great work already in place in Wirral, while recognising that we should always be striving to improve the care and outcomes for our patients.
A copy of the strategy is available to download on the below link.
If you require this document in an alternative format please get in touch.
Who developed this strategy?
The above strategy was led by the Wirral Strategic Cancer Partnership. This partnership is made up of a number of specialist and local organisations:
- Local specialist GPs
- Local Medical Council
- Public Health
- North-West Coast Strategic Clinical Network
- Voluntary & Community Action Wirral
- Wirral University Teaching Hospital
- Macmillan Cancer Support
- Wirral Community NHS Foundation Trust
- Wirral Hospice St Johns
- Clatterbridge Cancer Centre
- Cancer Research UK
How we involved you?
Planning workshop - we invited providers, patients and partners to a workshop to discuss cancer services locally. The group also split into smaller focus group to discuss and share their experience and knowledge.
The group identified key priorities for Wirral across a number of areas. They also started to develop how the strategy, and put an action plan together about how these priorities would become part of the future strategy
Online Survey - we developed an online survey to allow people to share their views