Vision, Mission and Values
"People will have the opportunity to live longer healthier lives regardless of where they live on Wirral"
"To commission high quality services which enable the people of Wirral to improve their own health and well being"
In doing this we:
- Seek to continuously improve services and reduce inequalities
- Work with patients, carers and the public when making decisions
- Partner with other health and social care bodies in planning and delivery
- Perform our duties efficiently and manage our resources effectively
- promote the values of the NHS and protect its future
We became authorised as a clinical commissioning group in March of 2013 and formally assumed this responsibility from April 2013.
Our vision and mission are underpinned by our values, which are;
Leadership – that is credible, passionate and ambitous
Accountability – we will take personal and organisational ownership
Partnership – we will seek to develop positive relationships with people and our partners
Quality – We will always seek to raise standards and improve outcomes
Character – We will be respectful, supportive and transparent
Integrity – trustful and trustworthy in all we do.
By living by our vision, mission and values, we hope to be able to
- Empower the people of Wirral to improve their physical health, mental health and well being
- Reduce health inequalities across the Wirral
- Adopt a health and well being approach in the way services are both commissioned and provided
- Commission and contract services that can;
- Demonstrate improved person centered outcomes
- Are high quality and seamless for the patients
- Are safe and sustainable
- Are evidence based
- Demonstrate value for money