Equality and Diversity
Promoting equality is at the heart of Wirral CCG values, ensuring that we commission services fairly and that no community or group is left behind in the improvements that are made to health outcomes across the borough.
The Equality Act 2010 requires us to meet our Public Sector Equality Duty across a range of protected groups including age, gender, race, sex, sexual orientation, religion/belief, gender identity, marital/civil partnership status and pregnancy/maternity status.
We work internally and in partnership with our Providers, community and voluntary sector and other key organisations to ensure that we advance equality of opportunity and meet our exacting requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
We are required to prepare and publish Equality Objectives by 13th October to meet our Specific Duty as outlined in the Equality Act 2010. Our plan is specific and measurable and we will update the plan on an annual basis.
The CCG understands that at sometimes in our lives we may face barriers in relation to accessing health services or experience different outcomes. Wirral CCG want to make big difference to health outcomes across our diverse communities and our equality objectives will support us to do this.
Our Equality Objectives are:
- To make fair and transparent commissioning decisions;
- To improve access and outcomes for patients and communities who experience disadvantage;
- To improve the equality performance of our providers through robust procurement and monitoring practice
- To empower and engage our workforce
To help us set our Equality Objectives we used NHS Equality Delivery Systems (EDS) self-assessment. Please use the links below for more information:
- Equality Objectives Report and Plan - Governing Body paper 1st October
- Equality Delivery System grading - Equality and Human Rights Commission
- Strategy document - Wirral CCG Equality & Diversity Strategy 2013-2015
- For the workforce - Clinical Commissioning Group Workforce Equality and Diversity Profile
- For patients - Wirral JSNA
For further information or if you have any queries please contact:
Lorna Quigley – Director of Quality & Patient Safety (Lead of Equality & Diversity)
0151 651 0011 (Extension 1035)